Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekend Recap: Happy Easter and Baseball!



This weekend, for Easter, I made a 3-layer carrot cake with cream cheese icing. This cake featured baby food, which was a first for me. 


Look at all that fresh grated carrot. 

On Easter, Michael and I went to church with his family and then ate a delicious Easter lunch and watched the kids hunt for Easter eggs. 


The cross covered in flowers reminded me of my childhood church. 

This weekend was also a weekend of baseball! Friday night my parents got surprise club-level tickets to an Astros exposition game, so Michael and I went with them. Club level is so nice! I had delicious nachos from El Real and fancy beer. 

Sunday (Easter) night was the first MLB game of the season and it just so happened to be Michael's favorite team, the Chicago Cubs! We watched it on ESPN at my parents' home. Unfortunately, the Cubs didn't win. 

Monday night (last night) was Opening Day for the Houston Astros and we met my parents at Minute Maid Park. It was so crowded and fun! We had great seats, Craig Biggio threw out the first pitch, and the Astros beat the Cleveland Indians!  



Hope everyone had a Happy Easter! I'm excited about Spring and baseball season. :)

No comments: