Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Recap: a lot of Parks and Rec

I've been falling behind in my postings on here (I didn't post a recipe on Friday), but I guess that's good because life has been busy! And I will post TWO recipes this Friday (I think). Ha.

Anyway, last Friday was hectic because on Thursday I was offered a new job and on Friday I had to go sign paperwork and resign from my current position. Very stressful, emotional day for me. I'm sure I'll talk more about this in the future, but for now I can say it's a bittersweet time. Mostly sweet because I'm ready to move on, but my current workplace means a lot to me. It's kind of the feeling you get when you're about to graduate from college; you're ready and you know it's time and right to move off, but it's still kind of weird.

So, after all the drama on Friday I was ready to RELAX and celebrate! My parents, Michael, and I went out to celebrate at Lupe Tortilla - frozen margaritas, chile con queso (my all time favorite celebration food), and amazing beef fajitas. My kind of celebration. Plus, I was just so relieved that the stressful part of the day was over. I am a helper by nature and very loyal and I don't like to let people down, so it's actually really difficult for me to resign from a job. I feel like I'm abandoning the people I'm supposed to be serving.

After dinner we tried to watch a movie that Michael had downloaded on a USB thing, but it didn't work, so instead we watched Parks and Rec. Yay!

On Saturday my dad made pancakes and bacon and then we sat around and watched more Parks and Rec and a documentary about tiny houses. Saturday night Michael and I had dinner with some friends at Ninfa's (more Tex Mex!) and then had drinks at the Pastry War.

Sunday ended up being surprisingly fun! Michael and I met my parents at the Hubcap Grill in Kemah for lunch. I had been wanting my parents to try Hubcap for a while, so it's nice that now there's one closer to their home. After lunch Michael and I did some geocaching. Then we went home and watched, yes, more Parks and Rec. Later we geocached again and this time my mom came along. I'm up to 8 finds, Michael has 79.....

That night my dad made manicotti and Michael was able to stay for dinner. After dinner we watched 60 Minutes with my parents and felt like old people. Haha. Even though we truly enjoy old-people stuff.

Before I went to sleep last night, I watched about half of American Sniper. My quest to watch a lot of the 2015 Oscar nominees continues.

It was a very nice weekend! I need to take more pictures during the weekends, but sometimes I forget.

I am so thankful for Michael and my family and am really looking forward to all the future has in store...

No comments: