Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIAW and a late weekend recap

This weekend was a long weekend, thanks to MLK Day, but I also got sick, so it was a dumb weekend. Last Cold Season I had one cold after another. This year, I was excited that thus far I hadn't really had a single cold. I guess it's not too bad that I held out until almost the end of January. Sigh.

Anyway, the weekend mostly consisted of watching movies. I saw Foxcatcher, Boyhood, and Selma. Michael and I are trying to watch all the Academy Award nominees (well not all, but a lot). I also got to have dinner with Michael's family last weekend and his brother-in-law made their mom and grandpa's famous spaghetti and meatballs - it was SO good! I love Italian food and this was some wonderful Italian food! I want to learn how to make the marinara sauce. Michael and I also saw the Monet exhibit at the MFAH, which was really nice (and free thanks to Michael's press pass)!

Anyway, on to the WIAW...

Breakfast consisted of a jalapeno string cheese, turkey lunch meat, and a peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar. Oh, and coffee with coconut milk creamer (of course).


Then, a second cup of coffee.

Lunch included almonds....

Yellow bell pepper with hummus...

Roasted brussel sprouts with pecans, grapes, and blue cheese...


A banana...

[insert picture here]

A date roll...
[insert picture here]

More coffee....
[insert picture here]

and a Reese's mini

For dinner, Michael and I went to Chili's, where I naively decided to try the Quesadilla Explosion Salad. I later learned that this stupid salad had over 1,300 calories (!!!!!!!!!!!!!). It was tasty, but NOT that tasty. Ugh. 
Death salad. 
For dessert someone at his work had given Michael some chocolate from Cacao & Cardamom; we split 2 (the green one at the top of the screen and the blue one, 3 down from that). They were interesting and beautiful.


Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

No comments: