Happy New Year! Hope everyone's 2015 is off to a great start!
Yesterday Michael and I spent time with my parents and I made this delicious hot spinach and artichoke dip. It was pretty easy, very tasty, and it made a ton! This recipe would definitely feed a crowd. And I'm thinking you could be creative with the leftovers. I've envisioned large pasta shells, stuffed with spinach artichoke dip and covered in marinara sauce. Need. To. Make.
Anyway, here's the recipe for the hot spinach artichoke dip...
- 9 ounces baby spinach leaves, cooked, drained well, and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
Mix all the ingredients together, except for one cup of the shredded cheese. Pour the mixture in a 2-quart casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Serve with crackers and pita chips.