Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: Guten Appetit!

My goal of eating less highly-processed sugar has been going pretty well. I let myself indulge (in moderation) on the weekends and during the week I try to distract myself when I crave something sweet or I turn to alternatives, like dried coconut or hot tea. So far, so good. Abstaining from alcohol during the week has been easier. Although, confession time: Monday night I had a glass of red wine and last night I sort of went crazy and ate 3 pumpkin Joe-Joe's that I had been storing in the freezer. So, this week isn't off to a great start, but I'm attempting to climb back on the horse. 
Breakfast
This Overnight Oats in a Jar contained rolled oats, Jif Natural Crunchy peanut butter, 2% milk, banana, pecans, vanilla granola, and a dab of pumpkin butter. Oh, and cinnamon and tiny pinch of salt.
Seasonal Larabar! 
MORE seasonal Larabar! These keep me surprisingly full for a long time.
Lunch
This is my favorite salad from Trader Joe's: Kale and Edamame Bistro Salad (in this picture, all you can really see is the abundance of KALE, but there's other delicious stuff in there). 
Banana with Jif Natural Crunchy peanut butter.
Dinner
Our array of Chinese delicacies at Mala Sichuan. Baby bok choy, Dan Dan noodles, etc. Eeeek.
Swiss Cheese White Wine soup from Rudi Lechner's. Delicious bread in the background. 
Beer Schnitzel (pork) in mustard sauce, potatoes, sauerkraut, and red wine from RL.
Thanksgiving feast with my church group: salad, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, turkey, and red wine.
Dessert
Shaved ice with chocolate ice cream, sweetened condensed milk, strawberries, and banana from Juice Box.
Good Night dessert coffee from Rudi Lechner's.

No comments: