Thursday, November 13, 2014

#OneDayHH


A few weeks ago, one of the bloggers that I regularly follow hosted her annual #OneDayHH. For one whole day you take pictures of the mundane, routine events of the day and share them on Instagram with the #OneDayHH hashtag. 

This was my first year to participate and it was pretty fun....especially because this turned out to not be a completely typical day and I'm glad I captured it. 

So, here are my moments from Wednesday, October 22, 2014...

I forgot it was One Day until I was already almost to work. So, this was my view right before I got to work. 
As a Houstonian, I spend so much time staring at other cars. 
Once I'm at work, my routine is usually to put my stuff away, unlock classroom doors, and make my first cup of COFFEE!
The most beautiful part of everyday.
Later in the morning, HBU had their Homecoming Convocation (it was Homecoming Week). I attended, just for fun, and also because some of my favorite students were on the Homecoming Court.
These were the Senior nominees.
On my lunch break I stopped by the Sephora that is located in the JCPenney for my free birthday gift. It was a mini mascara and lipstick. I haven't tried the mascara yet, but I love the lipstick.

Then I went to Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte just....because (I also had a gift card)!


After work I met a friend for a walk around Rice University. But of course that included sitting in seemingly endless and construction-induced traffic. Ugh. 

I forgot to take a picture on the actual walk, so I snapped this picture of my feet and a lame-Houston-fall leaf before I got in my car. 


The next stop was supposed to be my weekly church small group, but then this happened...

A BAD flat tire. See that puncture wound?!?
I called AAA, which was a complete debacle. They gave the service repairman the wrong address and almost 2 hours later he still hadn't shown up. In the meantime, I had informed Michael of my situation and he immediately came to my rescue. Initially, he just came to hang out with me until AAA showed up, but when we realized they were taking all eternity to get there, Michael just changed the tire himself. Thank a lot, AAA. But a sincere and heartfelt thank you went to Michael; I seriously don't know what I would have done without him. Probably cried at some point.


Because of all the flat tire shenanigans, I missed small group. But after small group, some of the members went to a close-by bar for drinks. Michael and I joined them and I had a delicious pumpkin beer. I think we needed a drink after all that!


And that's pretty much how the day ended. Michael followed me home to make sure the spare tire got me there safely. The next morning I took my car into the tire shop and discovered that I not only had a flat tire, but one of my other tires had a screw in it (and was therefore leaking air). 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to #OneDayHH next year!

No comments: