Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Recap: Pies, pies, pies


This weekend was pretty full. 

On Friday night, it began with a happy hour at Double Trouble with friends from my Episcopal church. Michael and one of his friends joined is and it was a lot of fun. However, I couldn't stay long because afterwards I joined a few of my girlfriends for a girls' night at one of their homes. So much cheese and wine were consumed!
And Symba took a selfie.
Saturday morning included this weird cat.
"Crazy Ears"
Then she got in the birthday gift my mom was wrapping for my dad.
Weirdo.
Saturday I did lots of laundry and then went to my friend Dina's baby shower. I've known Dina since I was a senior in high school. She has 3 sons and now she's having a baby girl. It was so nice to see her!

Dina and me.
After the baby shower I stopped at Rita's with the intention of only getting my dad a gift card, but ended up being talked into a small PUMPKIN ice. It was really yummy. Everything, everywhere is PUMPKIN. And since I won't really eat pumpkin after Thanksgiving (then I move on to gingerbread and peppermint), I had to take advantage.


Saturday evening Michael and I went to an art show in the Heights. I got this (hilarious!) alligator print and Michael got the dinosaur picture, below.



Then we ate dinner at Beaver's, went home, talked a lot, and watched Zombieeeees!. It was a cool, rainy night and perfect for being cozy inside.

Sunday was a beautiful day in Houston.

The view from Michael's balcony.
I spent most of the day making pies!

Raspberry Galette (the crust is Pillsbury).
Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart.
Maple Cream Pie.
Sunday evening we went to Clear Lake to celebrate my dad's birthday with dinner at T-Bone Tom's, cake, presents, and The Simpsons.

And now a short week for Thanksgiving - I'm thankful for that!

No comments: