Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap: my birthday!


Sunday was my birthday, so the weekend was filled with birthday festivities. 

Friday night, I went to dinner and drinks with some of my girlfriends...

Rachael, Leela, and me at The Honeymoon.
Me, Ashley, and Ashlee at The Honeymoon
I love the wallpaper at The Honeymoon!
I had a snicker doodle ice cream sandwich and my favorite cold coffee cocktail. I felt sort of sick after this, haha. 

The whole group!
Saturday morning my mom and I made Birthday Eve Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup. So good!

Saturday evening Michael took me out to dinner at Zelko Bistro, which is where I went with my family for my birthday last year. It was funny because I remember being there last year and trying to not feel sad about turning 31 and being solidly single. It was neat to be there a year later with such a sweet, loving man. I had no idea that was coming!

Sunday morning Michael made me breakfast and I had coffee out of one of his gifts to me: a pit bull mug!

Michael makes super delicious cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, and this time we had crumpets with butter and jam. I had never had a crumpet before - it was kind of like an English muffin, but a little more sour.
Later we went to Boomtown Coffee and I had a salted caramel latte.

Sunday evening we met my family for dinner at Riva's Italian (which was SO good!).
Michael and me. 
Me and my mom.
The whole gang!
After dinner we went home for cake and gifts.

My pretty vanilla cake from Central Market.
My parents got me a blanket with Henry's picture on it! Hilarious!
Michael and me, again. :)
My brother, sister-in-law, me, and Michael. 
Us with the humongous Henry blanket. We laughed so much!
Michael and I with the stuffed bulldog he gave me - he knows me so well!
My brother with my friend, Alexandra's cat. 
It was a GREAT birthday weekend! I'm excited to see what 32 has in store...

No comments: