Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Recap: Farewell, Amy and Ashlee's Wedding!


This weekend was a pretty busy one!

On Friday night my mom's side of the family had dinner at Ninfa's to say good bye to my cousin, Amy. Amy is going overseas for ministry and although we know we will see her again, we're not sure when it will be (and it won't be for a while). We're all very happy for her and the people she will be serving and loving, but we're sad for ourselves as family gatherings won't be the same without her. 
There are a lot of us. 
And this is just the most beautiful creature in the entire world, enjoying one of his new dog beds. He and Sadie are sharing this pink one and a green one. 
My angel. 
Saturday was my good friends, Ashlee and Jay's wedding day! I met Ashlee at church almost 2 years ago and then had the pleasure of hosting a small group with her for about a year. Even though she's a lot younger than me (even younger than my baby brother!), I have really enjoyed her friendship and haven't noticed an age difference much at all. 

Anyway, their wedding was out near Conroe, so it was a bit of a drive, but several of us from small group went, so we all carpooled. The wedding was beautiful and fun!
Ashley, Alexandra, Heather, and me - before the ceremony started. 
During their vows.
Jessica and Ashley, at the reception. 
Alexandra, Heather, and me, at the reception.
The pretty AND tasty wedding cake!
During the speeches. 
Alexandra, Heather, Ashley, and me with the bride and groom!
There was a photo booth, of course. 
Sunday morning I saw my cousin Amy one last time when we went to Bayou City Fellowship for her commissioning.
This is Amy, sharing with her church what she's going to be doing overseas. 
I will miss her!
After church we had lunch at Goode Co. Barbecue
Another notable thing that happened this weekend is that I began house and cat sitting for Ashlee and Jay. Meet Arrow and Bella...

Have a great week!

No comments: