This was a very nice, relaxing, friend-filled weekend.
Recently I heard about this new coffee/cocktail shop called The Honeymoon and I bookmarked it as a place I'd like to visit. Little did I know I'd soon go twice in one weekend. Yes, I lived at The Honeymoon this weekend.
The first visit took place on Friday. Ashley and I met after dinner for a drink and dessert. I had a cold coffee cocktail, she had a regular caramel cappuccino, and we split the snicker doodle ice cream sandwich. It was all fabulous. The décor, ambiance, drinks, dessert. Loved it all!
|A drink called "Leather Elbows" at The Honeymoon.|
|Later we went to Little Dipper, where I had a Manhattan.|
Clearly. Because the second visit took place on Saturday night. My friend Kristen and I went to dinner and afterwards I told her I had to show her this new place, The Honeymoon. This time I tried two different cold coffee cocktails (which means I tried all the cold coffee cocktails they have to offer. You can read about my experience here) and Kristen and I split the beignets. Which were just so-so. Nonetheless, I'm clearly a fan.
|The so-so beignets, a drink called "Mild Best Wishes" and one called the "Corpse Reviver".|
What else happened this weekend, besides numerous visits to the same place? In no particular order....
1. During a routine pedicure my foot was grated to within an inch of it's life. Ok, that's dramatic; I came home with a painful abrasion. Going to lay off the pedicures for a bit. Keeping it clean and bandaged until it heals. And I was still pleased with the new fall color on my hands and feet. It's OPI's Skating on Thin Ice-Land.
2. Laid out by the pool before it got really rainy.
3. Went to a baby shower for my cousin's girlfriend. So many babies are coming on both my mom's and dad's sides of the family.
|Cute baby shower cake.|
4. Watched a bunch of Six Feet Under.
5. Did laundry.
6. Took a few naps.
7. Cuddled a lot with Symba (a cat).
8. Saw the most handsome little boy in the world.
|Henry. My heart. His pit bull head was TOO heavy to hold up all by himself.|
I love refreshing weekends!