Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend Recap: Paula's Wedding!!!



This weekend a huge event took place: one of my closest friends, Paula, got MARRIED! Paula and I have been friends since I first started college at HBU. We've remained good friends for the past 12 years and I have especially enjoyed getting to see her more since I moved back to Houston in 2011. 

Paula and I have seen each other through the ups and downs of dating and the single life. It has not been easy, but I've been grateful to have a friend like Paula to go through it with. I am even more grateful to see Paula with the man of her dreams - a man who clearly loves her and is thrilled to be her husband. 

Here are some pictures from the wedding, but even more can be found on Instagram or Facebook at #emilandpaula2014. 

The Rehearsal took place on Thursday evening at the wedding venue. 


We received a schedule for the reception. Things did not exactly go according to plan, but it was fun and all the important stuff got done. 
Then we all went to the groom's parents' home for the Rehearsal Dinner. 
Paula gave the bridesmaids cute travel bags with our initials monogrammed on them and pretty pearl earrings.

Ashley, Paula, me, and Kristen at the Rehearsal Dinner. 

Thursday night Ashley, Paula, and I stayed in a hotel. The next morning we went to the Trellis Spa at The Houstonian for manicures/pedicures. 

Me, Paula, and Ashley in our comfy robes. 
Paula and me, getting our pedicures. 
Me and Ashley, getting our pedicures.

Letting my pedicure dry at the Relaxation Pool. The color is Butter London in Jasper. I chose pale yellow to match Paula's wedding colors. 

After hanging out at the spa for a little bit, it was time to get ready.
My friend, Alexandra, did my hair and make-up. She's a pro!
Here I am pre-poof.

This would be mid-poof.
And here's post-poof.
Working on my hair. 
The finished product, in good lighting.
The Bride, getting her wedding dress on. 
The bride's bouquet.
My bouquet.
A somewhat blurry view of the bridesmaids' dresses. They were floor length gray, with varying styles. 
Kristen and I at the Reception.
There was a fun photo booth. Kristen, Ashley, and I (and eventually Paula) had fun with it. 


The Groom's cake. 

The Bride's cake. 
The Sign-In Table. Your wrote a message on a small, wooden heart and dropped it in the frame. So unique!
There was lots of dancing!
The Bride and me.
The Bride and her husband in the photo booth. 
Paula and Emil's wedding was beautiful and fun. Congratulations to them both!!!

Saturday night one of my friends had a Wine Party. Which was a refreshing and low-key event after all the wedding frenzy.

Seriously delicious food at the Wine Party.

And pretty flowers. 

Sunday was pretty relaxing too. And hilarious. Henry found a package of tissue paper in my room and decided to energetically shred the entire thing. Nothing makes him happier. And it's so cute to watch!

Now I just have one more wedding to go!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!


No comments: