Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: Tiredness


The pictures are sort of meager this week. Wedding season is hitting me hard...in more ways than one. Last week I decided it was finally time to take my bridesmaids dresses to the alterations place. And just in the nick of time. The dress I need for this Friday is going to be ready to pick up this Thursday. 

Anyway, one of the dresses I had not tried on since the fall, when I received it in the mail. At that time, from what I remember, it pretty much fit just fine. Well, last week, I discovered it was tight, but only in the bust. But I mean TIGHT. As in my chest was deformed from being squished into the satiny material and I had no choice but to go bra-less. As a woman who's not missing much in the chest area, bra-less is not my favorite option. It was very depressing and demoralizing. I'm hoping they were bigger due to water retention or hormones, but isn't that what everyone says when something's too tight?

There is the larger goal of coming to terms with things like my tendency to gain weight easily, addition to sugar, or unhealthy eating habits/lack of consistent exercise. But then there's also the wedding day....when I must wear the dress. Now's the time for quick fixes. 

My goal is to eat healthy for the next 2 weeks, but we all know how much I can suck at that. So, I purchased this 3-Day Refresh kit. Hopefully I will get it in the mail by next Monday or Tuesday and be able to do it the 3 days before the weddings. Then, by the grace of God (and the fact that the tailor is letting the bust of the dress out by 3/4 an inch), I will be able to wear that bridesmaid dress with a bra and while still breathing. 

Life. 

Wednesday
Chocolate Shakeology with plain, unsweetened almond milk. 

This looks gross, but it's a super delicious Cuban taco from El Rey. One of my favorite things. 
Thursday
Greek yogurt. 

Mini candies. 
Quesarito from Taco Bell. Low point. Working with college students is dangerous.
McDonald's Kid's Meal for dinner. In the same day as the Taco Bell. No words. 
Friday
Guacamole!

Fourth of July Feast of barbecued brisket, sausage chicken, 2 kinds of potato salad, pickles, watermelon, baked beans, cheesy rolls, and wine. 
Saturday
Leftover brisket and chicken with corn, cucumber slices, and pickles. 

Watermelon Jell-O shot. 

Buttery Nipple shot with whipped cream. 

Monday
Half of an Einstein's cinnamon raisin bagel with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and 1 tablespoon peanut butter .
Wednesday (Today)
Strawberry Shakeology with plain, unsweetened almond milk .

No comments: