Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: Summertime


Summertime eating is maybe the best. It's when the healthy things actually taste the most delicious! The berries are amazing and salads actually sound appealing. As well as not-so-healthy-options, like ice cream and white wine (sometimes at the same time). Summer is my least favorite season (which doesn't really mean I hate it, because I love all the seasons), but for right now I'm enjoying it. And yes, I know it's not officially summer yet. I think that's ridiculous. June 1st = summer, to me. 

 Breakfast
Muller vanilla yogurt with granola. 
Saturday: scrambled eggs with cheese, breakfast sausage, English muffin with blackberry jam, coffee with coconut milk creamer. 
Monday: Fage Fruyo with blackberry and lime - this was so good!
This morning: Nutri Grain Strawberry and Oat bar. This is not a good picture and these are not very good for you, but I'm kind of obsessed with them right now. They remind me of these, which I LOVE and need to make soon!
Lunch
Classic sandwich: Nature's Own wheat bread with Justin's Natural Peanut Butter and Bama Red Plum jelly (this reminds me of my grandpa) inside. 
Friday: homemade macaroni and cheese from a coworker. Deeeelicious!
Monday: Safeway pecan/apple salad and half of a low carb wheat tortilla. This salad is yum! Probably just because of the candied pecans. Oh, and there's a piece of grilled chicken on the left that you can't really see. 
Tuesday: half a Turkey and Brie sandwich (love!), petite Caesar salad, and cup of tomato basil soup at La Madeline
Dinner
Monday: salad with strawberries, almonds, and poppy seed dressing. Later, rotisserie chicken and roasted garlic bread were added to this meal.  
Tuesday: salad with yellow bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, and ranch dressing in Menil Park
Snacks
The other half of the low carb wheat tortilla and coffee with coconut milk creamer. 
Little Hershey's miniatures and a Diet Coke. 
Tootsie Roll!
A "wookie cookie" made by an adorable college guy.
Dessert
Mint chocolate chip ice cream from La King's in Galveston. Memories!
Blueberry, Fig & Honey, and Salted Caramel gelato from Sweet Cup. 
Beverages
Blurry red wine when I attended The Moth story slam. SO fun!

No comments: