Thursday, June 26, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: On a Thursday

This past week included a super fun weekend in San Antonio. Vacation, to me, equals eating whatever I want and enjoying it. Which, I did. :)

When I got back home I felt like I needed a detox. Luckily, my Shakeology order had come in the mail the previous Friday. So, like a good little dieter, I dutifully started my Shakeology and (mostly) healthy eating Monday morning. 

I don't have many pictures to document it, but I've had a shake every morning this week. 
  • Monday: Strawberry Shakeology with frozen mango chunks, unsweetend vanilla almond milk, and too much ice. This shake was way too thick and flavorless. Not a good introduction to Shakeology, but also not Shakeology's fault. I just added too much ice. 
  • Tuesday: Vanilla Shakeology with a frozen fruit blend of peaches, strawberries, and banana, with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I loved this one! The vanilla base was almost like cake batter. Very yummy and probably my favorite. 
  • Wednesday: Chocolate Shakeology with a banana, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. I wish the banana had been frozen, but otherwise, I loved this combination. Very yummy, but I still think I prefer the vanilla. Chocolate wasn't bad though. 
  • Today: Strawberry Shakeology with fresh strawberries and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. This was tasty enough. Better than Monday, but still not my favorite. 

What do I think of Shakeology so far? 

Pros: I've been feeling fuller in the morning. Normally I am starving in the morning and can eat so much between waking up and lunch time. My normal breakfast never keeps me full, but Shakeology does! I'm not getting hungry until just around noon and I drink it around 7:30-8 in the morning. This is definitely a perk! 

Cons: My stomach doesn't feel too hot. It's not terrible, but I feel pretty bloated and actually fatter since I've started the shakes. Supposedly this is normal and will go away with time. We shall see...

Breakfast
Starbucks doppio with milk and 1 pump vanilla syrup. 
Cinnamon Rolls at Charlie Wants a Burger on the San Antonio Riverwalk. 
Coffee from a gas station on the drive home from San Antonio.
Strawberry Shakeology mixed with fresh strawberries, 1 cup of Silk unsweetened almond milk, and a little ice. 
Lunch
Carrots with hummus. 
Spring mix with vinaigrette. 
Apple with Laura Scudder's natural peanut butter and cinnamon. 
David's Special at Mi Tierra in San Antonio: 2 bean and cheese nachos, 1 cheese enchilada, 1 crispy beef taco, and guacamole. With a frozen margarita. 
Cafe Express Southwest Turkey Burger with sweet potato fries.
Dinner
Chicken salad with apples, pecans, and pickle (no mayo) and roasted sweet potato with whole grain mustard and purple grapes. 

Snacks
Rainbow unicorn cake (vanilla cake with vanilla butter cream). I had 1 slice.  
Soccer cookie from the bakery at Mi Tierra in the San Antonio Market Square.
I had a few bourbon-gingers on Saturday night. 
Starbucks decaf Americano with half and half and an Evolution bar. I couldn't wait for dinner. 

No comments: