Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Recap: Alexandra's Birthday and Paula's Bachelorette Weekend


This past weekend was busy and FUN!

Saturday was my friend Alexandra's birthday, but we celebrated on Friday. Alexandra requested a unicorn cake and this is what I came up with. It was seriously so fun to make!

The Birthday Girl and I with her cake. 
The inside featured Pillsbury colorful cake layers and icing. 
Saturday morning a group of us took off for San Antonio to celebrate my friend Paula's Bachelorette Weekend - her last out of town trip as an unmarried woman!

We shopped in the market. 
I have a thing for burro planters.
We ate Tex Mex, of course!
Mi Tierra...yum!

Going to Mi Tierra ALWAYS includes a stop at the bakery. A World Cup appropriate cookie. :)
Paula got a bracelet with her future name. 
Some of us laid out at the hotel pool. 
Then we got ready to go out on the town. 
We got photo-bombed. 
The whole group...except Leela. 
Sunday morning we had a delicious breakfast on the San Antonio Riverwalk and then headed back to Houston.
Leela and I sharing cinnamon rolls. We discovered a lot of similarities this weekend. 
On the way home, I entertained myself with Snapchat (I just recently discovered how it works).

In a McDonald's bathroom - the end of our fancy weekend away. 

No comments: