Monday, June 30, 2014

Cake of the Month: Cherry Kuchen


This month I chose to make the Cherry Kuchen for my Cake Slice Bakers Cake of the Month.

Fun fact: Kuchen means cake in German. I thought this kuchen was very easy and tasty! I love buttery desserts with streusel toppings, so this was perfect for me. The cake was moist and reminded me of a coffee cake. The addition of the cherries was very pleasant. I used a jar of cherries from Trader Joe's and that made everything even easier.

The only thing I changed (and this was not on purpose) is that I realized we were out of pecans at the last minute and I substituted half the amount of walnuts because that was all I had.

I'm taking this cake to my church small group this evening, but it's already been sampled by my family, my students, and myself - all to positive reviews.

I would definitely make this again. Not that I'm not necessarily going to, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either.


                                                                             
Click here to see what other Cake Slice Bakers made: An InLinkz Link-up

2 comments:

ImWhisper said...

Melanie your cake looks great and I am so glad you liked it!
:)
Holly

Emily said...

Melanie! Your cake looks FAB and love that streusel topping!!