Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weekend Recap: Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

So, yesterday was Cinco de Mayo...the day that Americans consume mas Mexican inspired food and beverages... and I've eaten tacos six days in a row. Yes, six. That's right, 6.
  1. Last Thursday my roommate and had a last-minute dinner at the taco truck near our home. I had 2 beef fajita tacos, one on corn and one on flour, with onions and cilantro and they were both fantastic. Maybe the best tacos I've ever had. And only $3.25 for both of them!

  2. Friday I met my parents for happy hour at Little Pappasito's and had two grilled shrimp tacos - which were mostly filled with shredded cabbage and not enough flavor/sauce, but they were still good.
  3. Saturday I went to Chilosos Taco House for lunch with a friend. I had the pork verde taco on corn and the huevos con chorizo taco on flour. The breakfast taco was crazy good.
  4. Sunday I had breakfast at La Guadalapana with a friend, before church, and ate two delicioso breakfast tacos.

  5. Last night my small group had a Cinco de Mayo party and I had two delicious soft tacos with ground beef, onions, bell peppers, and cheese.
  6. Today a student surprised me with a Taco Bell Waffle Taco (something I've been wanting to try for a while) and I'm sorry, but it was amazing. So greasy and so unhealthy, but amazing. Stupid, stupid Taco Bell. 

So, there you go, my weekend week mostly consisted of eating tacos. 

I read somewhere that Cinco de Mayo increased in popularity in the US in the 1980's when the beer companies started encouraging people to celebrate. Of course. 

Hope everyone had a Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: