- Last Thursday my roommate and had a last-minute dinner at the taco truck near our home. I had 2 beef fajita tacos, one on corn and one on flour, with onions and cilantro and they were both fantastic. Maybe the best tacos I've ever had. And only $3.25 for both of them!
- Friday I met my parents for happy hour at Little Pappasito's and had two grilled shrimp tacos - which were mostly filled with shredded cabbage and not enough flavor/sauce, but they were still good.
- Saturday I went to Chilosos Taco House for lunch with a friend. I had the pork verde taco on corn and the huevos con chorizo taco on flour. The breakfast taco was crazy good.
- Sunday I had breakfast at La Guadalapana with a friend, before church, and ate two delicioso breakfast tacos.
- Last night my small group had a Cinco de Mayo party and I had two delicious soft tacos with ground beef, onions, bell peppers, and cheese.
- Today a student surprised me with a Taco Bell Waffle Taco (something I've been wanting to try for a while) and I'm sorry, but it was amazing. So greasy and so unhealthy, but amazing. Stupid, stupid Taco Bell.
So, there you go, my
weekend week mostly consisted of eating tacos.
I read somewhere that Cinco de Mayo increased in popularity in the US in the 1980's when the beer companies started encouraging people to celebrate. Of course.
Hope everyone had a Happy Cinco de Mayo!