Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 9: My Beliefs

What a broad subject: my beliefs. About what? Science? Religion? Morality? Politics? Ethics?

I guess I could sum up most of my beliefs with the word love. And to me love means putting others before yourself and/or treating others the way you would want to be treated. I think another important aspect of love is having your own identity firmly rooted in your identity as God's beloved son or daughter so that you're not finding your identity in your relationship with a person, place, or thing.

I really, honestly believe that everything should be done with love; although I will say that I believe love can sometimes hurt and be painful....but in the good way, like a bone being re-set is painful, but it's ultimately for your own good. Love can be like that. Painful in a moment or season so that it can be most beneficial in the future. I think the love of parents can be like that and obviously the love of God can be as well.

I believe what Jesus said in the Bible.

I believe life is meant to be lived to the fullest.

I believe that it is not my right to judge anyone.

I believe relationships are the most important thing in life.

I believe dogs are one of God's greatest gifts to us.

I believe in living in the moment.

I believe in not giving into your fears.

I believe in being adventurous.

Hmm, what else do I believe?

Drugs are bad.

Rude people suck.

Everyone deserves respect.

Racial diversity is important.

Overalls are always a bad idea.

Jesus loves you anyway.

No comments: