Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Weather

One of the most redeeming things about living in North Texas is the "snow" days. Usually, at least once or twice (and sometimes much more) a winter there is a day with snow and/or ice and the whole metroplex kind of shuts down. No school. No work. It's great. In the 3 years that I've lived here, I've enjoyed at least one snow day every winter.

Yesterday and today were snow days....well, really they were ice days because there was no snow, just a lot of sleet and ice. It kind of looked like snow though. Since this is my LAST, mark my words, LAST, winter in North Texas, I really wanted to soak in the beauty of a snow day. I plan on (Lord willing) spending the rest of my days in a much more balmy, tropical, shall we say horribly humid climate (I'm talking about Houston...).

So, anyway, I haven't done much. Mostly just enjoyed the freedom of being a little lazy - reading, watching TV/movies, going to coffee shops. Stuff like that. And today I tried to enjoy how pretty all the ice was on the grass, sidewalks, and the rooftops. It really is pretty. As long as it only happens a few times a year. I deplore cold weather.

The puppies liked it. AJ and I took them for a walk and Henry slipped and slid all over the ice, it was really cute. He also got incredibly muddy and had to have an impromptu bath in the kitchen sink. Thank goodness he's cute!


No comments: