Monday, January 19, 2009

San Francisco - Day 5

Finally! The last day of this dang San Francisco trip! I'm just kidding. It was wonderful, but reporting it was a bit of a task. So, here we go, day 5...

Day 5 was really only a half day because we had to leave for the airport at noon.

We started off the morning with a trip to what was by now, our second home, Ghiardelli. We were there before they even opened. AJ had a mocha and I had a peppermint hot chocolate - and they were both wayyy better than Starbucks.



Then we went next door to Kara's Cupcakes to get some cupcakes to take home with us.


Our last stop was the Boudin Sourdough Bakery where we had our last meal in San Francisco...which was the same as our first - soup in a bread bowl. And we got souvenir sourdough loaves shaped like Frosty the Snowman to take home to our families.


At noon, the Super Shuttle (driven by a crazy Asian man) picked us up from our hotel and took us back to the San Francisco airport.

Thank you for reliving the details of this trip with me. It will forever be burned in my memory as one of the happiest times in my life. I love to travel with a passion. I love my best friend with a passion. And I love that my memories of this trip will always make me feel warm, happy, and wistful (in a good way) inside.

No comments: