Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday: I'm back (I think)!


Well, it was a bit of a hiatus from the blog. I won't lie to you: my new job has been an adjustment. BUT overall, I am extremely grateful and I'm learning A LOT. 

With that said, my schedule's been a bit crazy and changing from week to week, so it's been difficult to stay in a routine. Also, I've just been plain old tired....sometimes exhausted. However, starting next week I will be on a regular work schedule...yay! Which I think will help me get back to regularly blogging. Which I do for me. Smile. 

So, one new change in my life is that a week ago I joined Weight Watchers. This is like the fifth time in my life that I've done it. Ha. Ehhhhh. This time the program has changed since I last did it last and now fruits and veggies are zero points, which is GREAT news because it's so helpful to be able to add fruits and vegetables to my meals to make them more filling. Because there's two things I've decided in this WW journey....

1) I will not go hungry. Nope. I've done that before. That's why I always failed at WW in the past. Eventually I just got sick of being hungry all the time. That's not sustainable. So, this time, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. I'm going to try to stick to my daily points, but if I need to eat a healthy snack that takes me over my points limit....I'll do it. Extreme hunger is not allowed. I'm too old and wise for that crap. Also, I'm not really doing this solely to lose weight (although I'd like that); what I really want is to be healthy and have better portion control. 

2) I will not miss out on exciting life events. A birthday party? I'm not going to eat fresh fruit. PLEASE. I'll have cake....maybe a smaller piece of cake, but cake nonetheless. I'm not missing out on  all the fun life has to offer....hopefully just in moderation and balance. My goal is to LEARN and make sustainable life changes. And I don't care if I go at a baby snail's pace. I just don't care. Last week I lost .8 of a pound and that's perfectly fine with me. Slow progress is still progress and I wasn't crazy-hungry even once. 

So, what did I have for breakfast last Wednesday (my first day of WW). HEY, instead of WIAW, I might start calling this Weight Watcher Wednesday! Ha, I like that. 

OK, so breakfast was 2 ounces of blueberry banana bread from Fresh Market, a 0% Fage Greek yogurt with raspberries, blackberries, 1 tablespoon of walnuts and the peach stuff that came with the yogurt. A cup of coffee with 2 tablespoons 2% milk, on the side. 

Last Wednesday was a shopping day with my mom because she was on Spring Break, so we had lunch at our favorite tea room. I had iced herbal raspberry tea, an Asian salad with chicken (I didn't eat the chicken because I'm weird about meat). Not pictured are a cup of minestrone soup and one little garlic bread stick (those are in the background of this picture). 

After shopping, my mom and I stopped at Starbucks, where I got an iced coffee. 

Also not pictured are an apple and 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter that I had for a snack.

For dinner, I went over to my boyfriend's place and made chicken scallopini. He was about to go out of town for several days and I wanted him to have a homemade meal before he left. Aww. We ate the chicken with delicious oven roasted broccoli, sprinkled with a little Tony Chachere's. I like them a little burnt too. 


And that's it! This was a pretty enjoyable Wednesday. Actually, this was a fantastic Wednesday. Shopping with my mom, new clothes, yummy food, and time with Michael = a wonderful day!

Have a great week!

No comments: