Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Recap: Rest and Relaxation

There will not be any pictures from this weekend, but there was plenty of activity.

Friday night was Halloween night. Michael and I decided to celebrate with a classic horror film. We chose Rosemary's Baby, which in our opinions, turned out to be less horror and more just kind of disturbing. With an extremely slow build up. I think people had different standards for "horror" in the 1960's.

Before Movie Night I stopped at Victoria's Secret to use my $10 birthday coupon. I got pajama shorts with penguins on them and a really comfy black sleep shirt for $20 (it was on sale).

For dinner, Michael and I made really yummy pasta (well, really Michael made it), drank wine, ate some pumpkin cookies and Halloween candy, and watched one of the Halloween episodes of The Simpsons.

Saturday Michael and I spent the whole day together. We made a late-morning breakfast, watched shows, talked, and took naps. In the evening we had dinner and drinks (El Real and Sonoma) with one of my friends and the guy she is dating.

Sunday Michael and I spent the day together again. Are you seeing a theme here? We made breakfast again. This time, I made these homemade biscuits, which were pretty good. Later in the day we went shopping in Rice Village - I had a Bath & Body Works coupon I needed to use. Those coupons really get me....apparently. Then we also went grocery shopping at Kroger. Exciting, in a domestic way.

Sunday evening we made a dinner of frozen pizza and salad and I watched my first episode of The Walking Dead (I think I'm going to try to get into that show....Michael likes it a lot).

Two pieces of news from the weekend:

  1. One of my cousin's had his first child, a baby boy.
  2. My family's beloved black lab mutt, Sadie, is probably not going to be with us much longer. She is almost 15 years old and has lived a full, wonderful life of love, walks, treats, and lots of napping. We will miss her, but we are grateful for our time with her. She is a good dog.


Hope everyone had an excellent weekend!

No comments: