Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What I Ate Wednesdays

For years now I've enjoyed reading blogs like, Kath Eats Real Food, in which the blogger posts what she eats. Kath used to post every meal, everyday, but now she kind of does a weekly roundup. I also enjoy Instagram posts that feature what a user has been eating. I'm one of those people who actually wants to see a picture of your dinner. It fascinates me. Maybe it's an inordinate obsession with food. I'm well aware. 

Anyhow, I've thought now for a while about doing weekly posts with pictures of some of my meals. I thought it might be obnoxious or boring, but then I thought, who cares? It's my blog and I want to do it, so I will. Plus, earnestly, who cares? I rest my case. 

The only problem is I tend to forget to take said pictures. Ha. So, here's a roundup of what I remembered to take from the last week...

Breakfast
Coffee and a banana bread Larabar in my car. Lots of my morning meals are consumed in my car. I like to sleep in. 

Lunch
The Independent taco  (my favorite!) from Torchy's Tacos. I also ate a Mr. Pink, but forgot to take a picture. And I drank Diet Coke and blueberry soda (separately). 
Homemade black beans burgers and roasted potatoes (sweet, russet, and new) with siracha, mustard, tomato, and a glass of red wine. 
Dinner
Meatless Taco Salad with salsa, ranch, flax seed tortilla chips, and guacamole. One of my favorite meals. 
Dessert
This is a horrible picture (and also in my car), but it must be commemorated because this cookies was DELICIOUS. It's an Apricot Shortbread Cookie from Whole Foods. And I didn't realize that meant it had apricot jam in the middle! And the shortbread portion is insanely buttery and slightly salty. So crazy good. 
This amazing Whole Foods coffee went with aforementioned cookie. 
First let me say that I did not consume this entire cookie. I made this with some friends. It was supposed to be a skillet cookie, but since we didn't have a skillet it became a pie plate cookie. It was crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Over the top sweet and yummy with ice cream. A Cookies and Cups recipe
I impulsively purchased a package of Gummi Ringpops at Walmart. I have no idea what's wrong with me. But they were tasty. 

No comments: