Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I Ate Wednesdays (lots of desserts, apparently...)

In this edition (edition?) of What I Ate Wednesdays (which will now be affectionately known as WIAW), I clearly consumed a lot of sweets. Perhaps this taking a picture of my meals thing will make me more aware of this kind of stuff. I mean, I already knew I ate a lot of desserts, but it's embarrasing to post it in picture form. Especially when I continue to forget to take pictures of my other (more balanced/healthy) meals....

Lunch
A whole grain sandwich thin with almond butter and strawberry jam hidden inside.
Falafel, couscous salad, tabbouleh, hummus, and pita from Fadi's = Heaven. 
Dinner
Chili with soy and flax seed chips.
Dinner at the rodeo: Fried catfish, French fries, and hush puppies from Sudie's. I was trying to comply with my Lenten fast. Otherwise, I would have had BBQ.  


Snack
Apple with almond butter.
Wine. Also, at the rodeo; in the elegant wine garden.
A Flat White and half an oatmeal caramel cookie from Blacksmith.
Shamrock cookie and coffee at work. 



Dessert
AMAZING shortbread and raspberry cookie from Paulie's.


Two above: Graham cracker with banana, and Jif Salted Caramel spread. And a glass of red wine. Just above: Cotton Candy (my all time favorite carnival good) at the rodeo, while watching the calf scramble.

Fried red velvet cake = dessert at the rodeo. This was new this year.

No comments: