Friday, February 11, 2011

Thoughts from my Day

I've been working on a meanigful, thoughtful post, but this is the reality of my day.
  • I wear cardigans a lot. As in, pretty much every single day of my life. Part of why I love Portland is because I can wear a cardigan almost year round. They've become like a little security blanket for me; without a cardigan I feel naked. And I have them in almost every color!
  • I have a new coworker I have dubbed "The King of Junk Food" because he's always giving me the stuff. Today he gave me a Moon Pie. A Moon Pie?! Who eats those anymore (besides maybe old men in the South)?
  • Today at lunch I got 2 little chocolate chip cookies for dessert. A coworker at my table asked me if they had coconut in them. I said I thought maybe a little. After a few minutes I noticed there was something crunchy, yet flavorless in the cookies. I then realized it was CORN FLAKES! And they seemed stale! The cafeteria put stale cornflakes as a filler in their cookies!? I will now be more careful when eating cookies at lunch time.
  • The university that I work at has been doing a Bible knowledge scholarship contest for students. Staff can get copies of the test and take it just for fun. Today I got one and so far the questions are pretty difficult. It's fun, but I don't want them to score it in case I do horribly. Ironic that a Bible knowledge test would bring out my sinful pride. Ha.
  • I just started reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and now that's all I want to do.
  • I have a coworker who's making a business trip to Austin in March and she asked me for some recommendations of where to go. I'm not that familiar with Austin, but I made a list for her of my favorite places in that wonderful city and it made me really homesick for Texas.
  • I need to go grocery shopping after work today, but I don't really want to.
  • There are these really pretty trees in Portland. I have no idea what they're called, but they have flowers that look like roses and they are so pretty. They're starting to bloom right now and I absolutely love it! The cherry trees are also starting to blossom, which is exciting. I am ready for winter to just be a memory.
  • OK, I think that's it. 45 more minutes and then...it's the weekend!

No comments: