Thursday, December 30, 2010

Psalm 130

Oh, how I love this psalm. To me, it says: 2010. In 2011 I am joining the Beth Moore Siesta Scripture Memory Team and for the past few days I have been prayerfully thinking about which verse should be my first memory verse. Last night I was reading a book and came across Psalm 130: 5-6 and knew that was it! These verses are where my  heart is as 2011 begins. When I find verses or passages of Scripture that are speaking to me I love to get on BibleGateway and look them up in several versions. This time I'm loving Psalm 130 in the New Living Translation (although I think I will memorize verses 5-6 in the New International Version).

From the depths of despair, O LORD,
I call for Your help.
Hear my cry, O Lord.
Pay attention to my prayer.

LORD, if You kept a record of our sins,
who, O Lord, could ever survive?
But You offer forgiveness,
that we might learn to fear You.

I am counting on the LORD; 
yes, I am counting on Him.
I have put my hope in His Word. 
I long for the Lord
more than sentries long for the dawn, 
yes, more than sentries long for the dawn. 

O Israel, hope in the LORD;
for with the LORD there is unfailing love
His redemption overflows.
He himself will redeem Israel
from every kind of sin.

This psalm makes me want to jump up and down with excitement - it is SO true! He is SO good!

No comments: