Friday, October 10, 2008

The Texas State Fair

Growing up in Houston, I never remember hearing much about the state fair, but up here in the Dallas area, it's kind of a big deal. My first fall in Fort Worth (2006) AJ surprised me for my birthday, by inviting a big group of people to go to the state fair - it was one of the best birthday surprises ever! This year, AJ and I decided to go to the fair, just the 2 of us, last Sunday. I wanted to make sure we went because it is our last fall in this part of Texas.


The fair is known for its fried food. Every year they try to come up with crazier and crazier things to fry (what a thing to be known for...). AJ & I split a fried s'more, fried cookie dough (SO good), and a fried grilled cheese (this was supposedly the best fried food this year). We also ate fried corndogs that were wonderful. Of course, we had to detox after all that fried food. :)

No comments: