Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th Fun

I hope everyone had a Happy July 4th! Mine was surprisingly fun. I had to go to work in the morning, but that was actually a good thing because I always need the hours. My roommate and I had tried to organize a 4th of July get-together for that evening, but everyone was either going out of town or couldn't get together. So, at the last minute we decided to go to a baseball game with a couple of friends. One of the guys grilled hamburgers at his place and then we went to the game. Our tickets were only $1, we got to sit on a grassy hill in the outfield, and after the game they had one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen!

I took some neat pictures of the fireworks, but they're on my computer at home and I'm at work right now. One of the best part of the fireworks show was this funny kid sitting somewhere behind us. At one point, when there were a lot of fireworks in the sky, he said, "Good job America!" and then later, when there was a lot of smoke in the air from the fireworks, he said to his friends, "That's the smell of goodness, guys". It was so funny and afterwards AJ kept making fun of what the kid said and of course that made it even funnier.

The day before the 4th of July I made a cherry pie with a homeade crust and everything. It was really, really good. AJ went to buy some vanilla bean ice cream to go with the pie, but she couldn't find Blue Bell in pint size, so she got some Haagen Dazs. Oh. My. Gosh. Haagen Dazs Vanilla Bean ice cream is beyond good. Normally, I always prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla, but this vanilla ice cream was different. Crazy, wonderful different. I could have eaten that all by itself, forget the pie! :) I highly recommend it.

No comments: