Monday, June 23, 2008

Weather Works Really Works!

For the majority of my life I've lived in Houston, Texas - one of the most humid cities in the world, I'm sure. While I love Houston, it is not a hair-friendly city. I also have curly hair which means if there's even a smidgen of humidity in the air, my hair poufs up like a clown's. Ever since I was 14 years old I've used conditioners, blowdryers, round brushes, flat irons, and anything else I could get my hands on to make my hair behave.



Recently I heard of John Frieda's new Weather Works hair care products and I was curious to see if they would really make a difference. In the past I've used JF's Frizz Ease stuff and liked it pretty well, although I don't use it now. So, I got some weather works shampoo and conditioner (no styling products) and I was immediately impressed. When I straighten my hair I've noticed that it stays straighter, but it also feels a little gunkier and needs to be washed sooner. What I'm really impressed with is when I wear my hair curly! Normally I hardly ever wear my hair curly because it gets so poufy, but when I use the weather works stuff (and my usual body lotion and hair gel mixture) my curly hair actually looks good. I think I'll continue to buy it even if I only use it on days when I want to wear my hair curly - which might be a lot more frequently now!

However, I have only used this product in the DFW area...I should try it on a hot, humid, Houston summer day...that would be the real test!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Interesting! Let me if it works in Houston's lovely weather. I'm definitely intrigued.