Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Recap: Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend I appropriately spent lots of time with my mom. On Saturday, we went shopping with my aunt, sister-in-law, two cousins, and one cousin's little boy. We visited thrift store in La Porte, Deer Park, and Baytown and I got stuff at each location. My finds included 3 shirts, 1 sundress, a pair of sandals, and a set of floral wall plaques that my sister-in-law found for me. It was fun!
Ugly sandals!
Sunday, after church, my family celebrated Mother's Day at Liberty Kitchen. I had the red velvet tacos and was seriously so happy.
Red Velvet Tacos with breakfast potatoes.
Corporate or LOCAL ketchup...your choose. 
My brother, sister-in-law, mother, and me. 
I Instagrammed this picture with the hashtag "mymom" and it was so neat to look at some of the pictures on Instagram with the same hashtag. The mother-child relationship is such a special one, throughout life. My thoughts are always with those who have lost their mothers or who did not have good relationships with their mothers. I can only imagine how difficult those scenarios are. I am so grateful to have a mother that I truly enjoy and that I get to see frequently.

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: