Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Old Baking & Cooking Blog ~ Memories

As my family prepares for Thanksgiving (next week?! How is November going by so quickly?!), I was looking at some recipes from my old cooking & baking blog. So many good memories involve food! I love how I had the things I made categorized and I can just click on "cake" and scroll through a list of cakes I made and a list of memories associated with those cakes. Good food, family, friends - those are the best parts of life. I think I want to add a Categories section to this blog (where I've combined writing about life and cooking/baking).

Anyway, there are some great recipes on that old blog (I act like it's so ancient, I only stopped writing in it last April/May). This Thanksgiving I'm only trying a couple of new recipes: one for a pumpkin cheesecake (I'll post that recipe later) and one for blue cheese butter. The rest of the stuff I'm making is from recipes I'm made several years in a row: sweet potatoes, apple pie, pecan pie, rolls, maple butter, purple salad.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I'm getting very excited about planning the menu, making the grocery shopping list, and actually cooking the food! I've had so, so, so many things to be thankful for in 2011! I've had things to be thankful for every year, of course, but in 2011 those things were just more enjoyable.

I'm sure I'll write on here before next Thursday, but in case I don't,
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: