Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I Liked in June

Burt's Bees Natural Tinted Lip Balm

I love lip products, but I don't really like lipstick and I definitely need some color on my lips. I like to try new things all the time and this is definitely a new favorite. It makes your lips feel so good and the color is natural and pretty. Feels like you just have chapstick on, but looks like you have lipstick on. Perfect!

My new shorter haircut


before


after

My hair had been long-ish for a while, but after a week or two in Houston I was about ready to pull my hair out...literally. So, I went and got it cut shorter...actually shorter than I had wanted, but that turned out to be great. I love having shorter hair - it's so much easier to style and it feels so much lighter in the intense Houston heat and humidity. Plus, I think it's just a really good cut. The stylist did a great job. I think I'll be going back to her for my next haircut.

Spoon


I first heard this band on the radio in Portland. Of course. That radio station is how I discovered good music existed. For about a week in June I was obsessed with this song. I would listen to it over and over on my way home from work. Then I found out this band is from Austin, Texas....and I loved them even more!

I and Love and You


I bought this Avett Brothers album this past month and pretty much immediately became obsessed with it. I love the folksy, earthy sound of the music combined with so much emotion and even some slightly spiritual sounding lyrics.

New Phone

In June I bought a new phone! I had been wanting a new phone for a while because I had my old one for years and it was very outdated. One week my iPod broke and my camera was also getting kind of old, so I decided to just look into getting an iPhone. Just look. Of course the wonderful salesman at AT&T did a great job of convinving me to get one. Actually, he didn't have to convince me and he wasn't pushy at all; he just told me the pro's and I decided to go ahead and do it. I usually really resist trendy things, but I think the iPhone is no longer trendy...now it's classic and therefore acceptable to my values. I'm so weird. Anyway, I got an iPhone and I love it - it's already dramatically improved my quality of life. :)

No comments: