Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Meet Henry

I plan on writing about my San Francisco trip in more detail than you (or any one) would ever care to hear, but before that I have a VERY important announcement to make...

I GOT A PUPPY!

My best friend and roommate, AJ, and I have both been wanting to get dogs for a couple of years now, but we couldn't because we lived in affordable seminary housing and they didn't allow pets (although we did have a yellow cat for about 6 months while we lived there. Nevermind.)

Now since we graduated, we both decided that we wanted to get dogs from the Fort Worth animal shelter in early January. WELLLLL, on Sunday my dad's side of the family came over to my parents' house for our Christmas celebration. My uncle Barry casually mentioned that his neighbor had a box full of puppies. Of course, I was all over that, and made plans to go see the puppies later that night.

Someone had just dumped a litter of 4 puppies on my uncle's friend's driveway. They were going to have to take them to the pound in the next few days. AJ and I had debated whether we wanted puppies or full grown dogs. I secretly wanted a puppy.

So, I picked out one for me and one for AJ.

Meet Tex Henry Straussburger Stuff (it's a family name). We'll call him Henry.

And meet Cally. or Cali. I don't know how AJ wants to spell it.


But let me tell you, taking care of a puppy is a full time job. I feel like I have 2 newborns - they wake me up in the middle of the night and I have to monitor everything they do. It's fun and they're adorable, but it's crazy and a little tiring. I'll be glad when AJ gets here to help out.

Anyway, just wanted to share my exciting news :)

No comments: